Photo courtesy of Hustler
We’ve only gone and grabbed an exclusive interview with one of the biggest stars in porn – yet again!
That’s right, the fabulous Tanya Tate took time out of her busy schedule to sit and answer some of your most pressing questions! The full interview can be watched here – but we’ve also very kindly transcribed them all for you below! That’s just the kind of people we are!
1) How did you get your start in the adult industry? What made you decide to give up on your job as an office worker and pursue a career as an adult star?
Originally I was working in an office but then, shortly after I got out of a relationship, I was sat watching a porn movie with a friend and he was really into it and suddenly I thought that’s what I want to do. I went away and did my research, shot some really nice photos, and did my first shoot in London around 2008. From there I started working as an adult star. So many years later here I am living and working full-time in Los Angeles!
2) Do you have any role models in the industry who you look up to? If so, what makes them so special to you?
Not anyone specifically but what I do like are professional and positive people, and I like to surround myself with those types of people.
3) How did you choose your stage name? Is this your first stage name or have you had others?
It seemed right for me to have these initials because my nickname used to be Top Totty, from a guy I knew in a gym! In the UK there’s a sugar company called Tate & Lyle so I also thought it was quite sweet!
4) What do you think is the best and worst part of working in the adult industry?
The best thing is being able to go and have your make-up done and your hair and then walking on to a movie set and looking glamorous, then having sex with these gorgeous people. That’s definitely the best part. The worst part? The days can be really long and also during the summer you have to turn the air conditioning off so you can get all hot and sweaty!
5) Is there anyone who’s retired that you wish you could have worked with?
I only shoot girl-girl scenes these days so, although he’s not retired, I would have liked to have shot a scene with Manuel Ferrara. I think that would have been cool for my fans.
6) You have been active behind the cameras as well as in front, do you have a preference for one role over another?
So I’ve shot some girl-girl scenes for Filly Films and I’ve also directed some boy-girl scenes for Penthouse. What I like about directing is that I can come up with my own scenes and ideas – and then I can jump in front of the camera if I want to! I can get away with that because I’m a girl! But I’m definitely enjoying directing and I think that’s where I will take my career more and more.
7) What’s the best sex you have had on or off camera?
It was probably when I shot a scene once for Tanya Tate Casting Couch. I had these four guys over for this shoot and I wasn’t sure what to do with them all. But I had a female friend there as a fluffer and she suggested that we had a gangbang, so we all sort of dived in together and it was a seriously sexy scene!
8) You love superheroes and even have your action figure modelled after you. What is your favourite super power?
I have done a lot of cosplays and visited a lot of conferences and some of my favourite characters are Emma Frost, Susan Storm….and She-Ra! I became Lady Titan because I thought it was time to do my own superhero! If I could have a super power I think it would be the power of the mind – I want to know what you’re thinking and to tell you the next step I want you to take.
9) What other cool things have you gotten into beside collecting toys?
I’ve collected so many toys! Some other cool things I do is that I am a partner in a tiger sanctuary. Tippi Hedren has one and I am a mum to a tigress!
10) Geeky is the new sexy. Why do you think this turned around and became more socially acceptable and sexy?
When I was younger you used to think of geeks as guys who didn’t go out much and they went to comic conventions and things like that. But when I started going I realised it wasn’t like that and it was just a lot of different people going to them. If you haven’t been to one you should try it as you’ll find a lot of people like me – dressed as sexy superheroes!
11) If you could be any anime/comic character, who would it be and why?
I’ve played a lot of comic characters and the ones I’ve chosen are the ones I like or the ones that nobody else really dresses up as. I would like to just be my own, Lady Titan, because she’s got a lot of inner-strength and she wears clothes that I like!
12) Did the show Date My Pornstar impact your career?
It was a UK television show on Channel 4. They flew a fan of mine over here so that we could go on a date, and it was a lot of fun. I brought him to a shoot to watch me shoot a scene with Natalia Starr and then we went to the King’s Head Pub in Santa Monica. It was nice to meet a fan and to just teach him a lot of tips about dating. In terms of my career over here, perhaps it didn’t make much of a difference but a lot of my fans got to see that side of me and it got me a lot more exposure.
13) How about your show on Vivid Radio? How often do you broadcast and where can fans catch that?
It’s a weekly show and it’s called Wank For Tanya Tate where I encourage people to wank for Tanya Tate! #wankfortanyatate
We have a lot of different topics. It’s every Tuesday at 1pm PST and it’s on VividRadio.com and Sirius XM channel 791. So make sure you tune in, watch and give me a call!
14) You’ve snagged the Milf Of The Year award 10 times now. What do you think gives you the edge over others beyond your obvious good looks?
I’ve won that award across a lot of different award ceremonies and I think it’s just about the fans appreciating the work and the things that I do for you.
15) You are a Liverpool FC supporter. Did you follow the European Championships at all and specifically England?
Yeah, my favourite team is Liverpool and whenever I go over I do go and see them. They’re actually coming over here for a US tour so I’ll see them then. I did catch little bits of Euro 2016 but the matches are early morning and I’m really busy at that time, but I do catch bits when I can. I will also try and catch an LA Galaxy match so I can see Steven Gerrard before he goes back and becomes a coach at Liverpool.
16) What was your first car?
A black Ford Fiesta. It was kinda old at the time and I learned to drive in that car! I drove it until the engine blew up and it died.
17) What is your favourite food in the whole wide world?
White chocolate! And cookies! I’d love to have a white chocolate chip macadamia cookie topped with vanilla and then let’s warm the cookie up and put the ice cream on. Mmm, heaven.
18) What kind of music do you listen to?
Stuff like Fleetwood Mac and 80s stuff, especially electronic music. I’ve seen Spandau Ballet three times in concert! A bit of Queen. In the gym, I listen to dance music. Oh, and I am from Liverpool, so yes I do like The Beatles as well.
19) Do you have any future ambitions?
I am enjoying directing so I would like to keep making more of my own movies. I just started taking some acting lessons as well so who knows, maybe you’ll see me in more mainstream work and you’ll see me in a big mainstream movie. I like watch UK soaps, I could see myself being in one of those every single week!
20) Is there anything else you’d like FreeOnes visitors to know about you?
Check out my website, TanyaTate.com, for exclusive galleries, videos and webcam shows. Check me out there. You can also text me, call me, buy stuff at my store – and there’s my Fleshlight too! I have a YouTube channel, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and there’s my cosplay blog! Until then, you dirty bastards, keep wanking for Tanya Tate!
And then she flashed her boobs at the end – so you will want to watch this video!
As a Manchester United fan, even I will admit – she’s not bad for a Scouser